Sunday 16 January 2011

Long time no see!

Tut-tut, I have been a bad girl. I've not written for about 6 weeks... I must admit I  feel very bad about it, and things have been super busy with lots going on (not to mention the busy run up to Christmas, which completely took the wind out of me)... But I'm back!

Some of you may know I work for EC One, a fabulous independent jeweller in London run by husband and wife Jos and Alison Skeates. With Christmas being the busiest time of year, it was all hands on deck in both the office and the shops over Christmas: writing newsletters, sending SS11 pieces to press, helping chaps choose the right gift, gift-wrapping, last-minute engagement rings orders, posting about 30 web orders a day, setting up the sale... Phew!


 Top: EC One's store in Notting Hill
Above: Jos and Alison

And then I had some fabulous news - another reason why my mind has been elsewhere - with a new job role at Professional Jeweller magazine working with Rachael Taylor. Rachael is an inspiring, forward-thinking editor, who has spent the last year single-handedly making PJ the best business-to-retailer jewellery magazine there is. I'm now her 'assistant editor' (so says my email signature!) and will be splitting time between EC One and the Professional Jeweller office in Hatton Garden. I've already helped with a bridal photo shoot for next month's issue, as well as chasing several other leads for The Jewellery Show at Spring Fair and thoughts on this year's bridal trends. 


So yes, expect the posts to continue as normal from now. I've got lots stored up including the Adorn London Christmas party, my new Merle O'Grady necklace (love it!!) and a slightly late pick of the sales piece.

Kx

No comments:

Post a Comment